VTCT Level 3 qualification in Education and Training (formally PTLLS)
This course is appropriate for teachers, tutors and trainers who may be working within an FE college, Adult and Community Sector and for those delivering work based training within voluntary, community, private and public organisations. Completing this course here at Your Beautique Training will ensure that you learn how to teach by receiving the necessary guidance and support from a qualified tutor, and valuable interaction with other group members.
This award can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers such as:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training. Achievement of the qualification does not require teaching practice other than micro teaching unless units from the *Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected
(See section on units to undertake)
- Individuals currently teaching and training. Although the qualification does not require practice other than micro teaching (unless units from the *Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
-The qualification offers trainee teachers and individuals currently training and assessing, the knowledge and understanding required for teaching.
-The delivery of an observed micro-teaching session or an assessed practice in a real work environment is a requirement of this qualification, which can be undertaken at Your Beautique training academy.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to teaching
- Roles and responsibilities associated with the teaching role
- Planning and delivering of sessions
- Engaging and motivating learners within a learning environment
- Different assessment methods
- Record keeping
- Delivering a micro-teaching session
To gain this qualification, what units do I need to undertake?
There is a requirement to achieve one mandatory unit which is:
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training (Education and Training unit)
Then, depending upon your own personal requirements, you will need to choose one option from the listings in Group B, and one option from Group C
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training (Education and Training unit)
- Facilitate Learning and Development in Groups *(Learning and Development unit)
- Facilitate Learning and Development for Individuals *(Learning and Development unit)
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training (Education and Training unit)
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment *(Learning and Development unit)
** Guidance will be given on this by your trainer/assessor
How long is the course? The length of the course is 3 days, which comprises of 2 theory days, and the third to include the micro-teaching sessions. You will also need to make time for home study and preparation.
What is the course cost? £495.00 (inc vat)
Is there any entry requirement? The minimum age for access to this qualification is 19 years.
What qualification will I receive on successful completion of the course? You will gain the VTCT Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Can I take this qualification to the next level? Yes, there is an option to upgrade to the OCNWMR Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) or a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
What are my career progression options? On achievement of the Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF), learners may choose to seek employment in teaching or training.
I would like to complete this course. What shall I do next?
1. Choose the course date that suits you from the options below
2. Click on to register, and complete the online registration form
3. Make payment
4. Complete and return the forms regarding registration with VTCT, which will be sent out to you via e-mail
5. You will receive confirmation
6. Attend the training day (s)